API Heat Transfer’s Schmidt® plate heat exchangers are used in district cooling, process industries, and other industrial applications for efficient heat transfer between two fluids. Plate heat exchangers use thin corrugated plates stacked between a fixed plate and a movable pressure plate. As the fluids flow across the surface area of the plates, plate heat exchangers can offer high amounts of effective heat transfer in a relatively-small footprint. It is not uncommon to find that a plate heat exchanger can have the same thermal transfer performance as a shell & tube heat exchanger design that is five times larger.
Schmidt® Design Highlights:
- Unique corrugation pattern pressed onto each plate produces a turbulent flow and excellent fluid distribution across the entire surface, thus achieving a high heat transfer rate.
- True counter current flow and high heat transfer rate allows the plate heat exchanger to economically handle close temperature approach requirements.
- Highest quality gaskets precisely fit the plate grooves for positive sealing and ease of maintenance.
- Superior clip-on gasket design ensures proper fit during closing of the unit.
- Double sealing design prevents the possibility of mixing the two process fluids, and any leak is vented to atmosphere for ease of detection.
- Zinc coated hardware provides long life.
- All bolted construction for easier service.
- Low volumetric fluid hold-up provides quicker response to heating and cooling demands, while reducing costs for more expensive process fluids.
- Easy to expand for greater capacities as a facility grows.
- Available in a variety of plate sizes for industrial, HVAC, power, or food industry applications.
- District heating and cooling
- Oil and gas
- Wastewater treatment
- Power generation
- Chemical and process industries
- Fluid power
- Food and beverage
- Air dryers
- Commercial shipbuilding
- Pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, and cosmetics
Technical Design Parameters
|Available in AISI 304, 316L, 316TI or 904 stainless steel, nickel alloys, pure nickel, titanium and Ti-Pd alloy.
|0.4 mm to 1.15 mm
|Nitrile rubber gasket, EPDM rubber, chloroprene rubber, HNBR, NBR-HT, FPM/FKM, butyl, PTFE coated (SIGMACOAT), food industry certified gasket, AFM hard gaskets, and others.
|SIGMAFIX adhesive-free gasket, or glued gasket.
|Painted carbon steel, or stainless steel.
|Studded with option for liner, flanges (ANSI, DIN), food stuff connections, Ti and others.
|Codes and Standards
|ASME, PED, ABS, LRS, GL, BV, GOST
The Schmidt® plate heat exchanger product line is manufactured by API Heat Transfer, an ISO-9001 certified company, proudly designing and building heat exchanger products for more than 148 years, with manufacturing facilities and offices in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Would you like more information?